Moving from Thailand back to your home country or a new destination can be a challenging transition, particularly when it comes to dealing with language barriers and cultural differences. Whether you’re a returning citizen or an experienced traveler, it’s important to have a roadmap to guide you through these challenges.
Relocating to a new country involves many factors and questions, particularly when it comes to shipping and importing your household goods. Some of these points may already be familiar to you, while others may be entirely new.
We provide Destination Guides customized for each country. These guides are designed to be simple and help you find answers to questions you may have, such as:
- How long will it take for my shipment to arrive at the destination?
- Which port will it arrive at?
- Will I have to pay any import duties and/or taxes?
- What documents will be required from me?
- Can I pack my pet’s food?
- Which sea or air port will my shipment arrive at?
- Where can I find schools for my children?
- What is the cost of living?
- What is the weather like?
To prevent overwhelming you with too much information, we have condensed these guides. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please contact us, and one of our moving specialists will be happy to help you.
Note that these Destination Guides are for returning citizens, and some information may differ for foreigners (expats) moving to a different country. Regardless of your status, our moving specialists can go over these guides in detail with you during your free pre-move consultation.